Statutory inquiry into Sainthia train accident starts
Sainthia: The guard of the Uttarbanga Express Somnath Sengupta, driver of the Vananchal Express Md Nayeem and his assistant driver Wednesday appeared before the statutory inquiry here into Monday`s train disaster which claimed 66 lives.
Mostly railway employees appeared at the hearing held by Commissioner of Railway Safety (Eastern Circle) R P Yadav, railway sources said.
The statutory inquiry under the Civil Aviation Ministry would also be held Thursday at the office of the Divisional Railway Manager, Howrah.
66 persons were killed and 89 others injured when the Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express rammed into the rear of the Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express in the early hours of July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi