Statutory inquiry into Sainthia train accident starts
Sainthia: The guard of the Uttarbanga Express Somnath Sengupta, driver of the Vananchal Express Md Nayeem and his assistant driver Wednesday appeared before the statutory inquiry here into Monday`s train disaster which claimed 66 lives.
Mostly railway employees appeared at the hearing held by Commissioner of Railway Safety (Eastern Circle) R P Yadav, railway sources said.
The statutory inquiry under the Civil Aviation Ministry would also be held Thursday at the office of the Divisional Railway Manager, Howrah.
66 persons were killed and 89 others injured when the Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express rammed into the rear of the Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express in the early hours of July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!