Statutory inquiry into Sainthia train accident starts
Sainthia: The guard of the Uttarbanga Express Somnath Sengupta, driver of the Vananchal Express Md Nayeem and his assistant driver Wednesday appeared before the statutory inquiry here into Monday`s train disaster which claimed 66 lives.
Mostly railway employees appeared at the hearing held by Commissioner of Railway Safety (Eastern Circle) R P Yadav, railway sources said.
The statutory inquiry under the Civil Aviation Ministry would also be held Thursday at the office of the Divisional Railway Manager, Howrah.
66 persons were killed and 89 others injured when the Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express rammed into the rear of the Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express in the early hours of July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'