Statutory inquiry into Sainthia train accident starts
Sainthia: The guard of the Uttarbanga Express Somnath Sengupta, driver of the Vananchal Express Md Nayeem and his assistant driver Wednesday appeared before the statutory inquiry here into Monday`s train disaster which claimed 66 lives.
Mostly railway employees appeared at the hearing held by Commissioner of Railway Safety (Eastern Circle) R P Yadav, railway sources said.
The statutory inquiry under the Civil Aviation Ministry would also be held Thursday at the office of the Divisional Railway Manager, Howrah.
66 persons were killed and 89 others injured when the Sealdah-bound Uttarbanga Express rammed into the rear of the Ranchi-bound Vananchal Express in the early hours of July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!