Stop pointing finger at govt on rape incidents: TMC leader to CPI(M)
Midnapore: In a bid to turn the tables on the Marxists ahead of the Panchayat polls, West Bengal Minister Soumen Mahapatra alleged CPI(M)-sheltered miscreants were involved in many incidents of rape in the state.
"What is the political identity of Ansar Ali?... The CPI(M) should stop pointing fingers at us," the state Water Resources Development minister said at a public meeting at Keshiary in West Midnapore district.
Mahapatra, a senior Trinamool Congress leader, was referring to the main accused of the recent brutal Kamduni incident in North 24-Parganas district which triggered outrage in the state.
"Many of those involved in recent rape incidents are somehow linked to CPI(M) party," Mahaptra said.
He was addressing the meeting in support of his party candidates for the panchayat polls to be held in five phases this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?