Stop pointing finger at govt on rape incidents: TMC leader to CPI(M)
Midnapore: In a bid to turn the tables on the Marxists ahead of the Panchayat polls, West Bengal Minister Soumen Mahapatra alleged CPI(M)-sheltered miscreants were involved in many incidents of rape in the state.
"What is the political identity of Ansar Ali?... The CPI(M) should stop pointing fingers at us," the state Water Resources Development minister said at a public meeting at Keshiary in West Midnapore district.
Mahapatra, a senior Trinamool Congress leader, was referring to the main accused of the recent brutal Kamduni incident in North 24-Parganas district which triggered outrage in the state.
"Many of those involved in recent rape incidents are somehow linked to CPI(M) party," Mahaptra said.
He was addressing the meeting in support of his party candidates for the panchayat polls to be held in five phases this month.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro