Stop pointing finger at govt on rape incidents: TMC leader to CPI(M)
Midnapore: In a bid to turn the tables on the Marxists ahead of the Panchayat polls, West Bengal Minister Soumen Mahapatra alleged CPI(M)-sheltered miscreants were involved in many incidents of rape in the state.
"What is the political identity of Ansar Ali?... The CPI(M) should stop pointing fingers at us," the state Water Resources Development minister said at a public meeting at Keshiary in West Midnapore district.
Mahapatra, a senior Trinamool Congress leader, was referring to the main accused of the recent brutal Kamduni incident in North 24-Parganas district which triggered outrage in the state.
"Many of those involved in recent rape incidents are somehow linked to CPI(M) party," Mahaptra said.
He was addressing the meeting in support of his party candidates for the panchayat polls to be held in five phases this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery