Strike forced on people by WB govt: Trinamool
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress today said the
industrial strike by trade unions was forced on the people of
West Bengal through "government backing and CPI-M muscle
"This is a politically motivated bandh forced on the
people only to harass the working class and daily wage
earners," Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal Assembly and
TC leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
Claiming that people had rejected the strike, he said
three strikes on July 27, August 5 and today had been called
on the same issue of price rise.
Today`s bandh was marred by violence by the ruling CPI-M,
he said and added that a TC activist was killed by CPI-M
supporters at Nanoor in Birbhum district.
Besides, factory workers who had gone to report for work
in several parts of the state had been driven out by "CPI-M
goons", he said.
Left trade unions and INTUC had called the 24-hour
industrial strike against price rise and other issues. It
took the form of a general strike in the state with the Left
parties supporting the trade unions. The strike was opposed by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29