Strike forced on people by WB govt: Trinamool
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress today said the
industrial strike by trade unions was forced on the people of
West Bengal through "government backing and CPI-M muscle
"This is a politically motivated bandh forced on the
people only to harass the working class and daily wage
earners," Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal Assembly and
TC leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
Claiming that people had rejected the strike, he said
three strikes on July 27, August 5 and today had been called
on the same issue of price rise.
Today`s bandh was marred by violence by the ruling CPI-M,
he said and added that a TC activist was killed by CPI-M
supporters at Nanoor in Birbhum district.
Besides, factory workers who had gone to report for work
in several parts of the state had been driven out by "CPI-M
goons", he said.
Left trade unions and INTUC had called the 24-hour
industrial strike against price rise and other issues. It
took the form of a general strike in the state with the Left
parties supporting the trade unions. The strike was opposed by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi