Student leader jailed for abetting suicide
Bankura: A local court here Tuesday sentenced a former student union leader to four years rigorous imprisonment for abetting the suicide of a college student and member of his student wing.
Prasad Kumar Roy, the judicial magistrate of Bishnupur Fast Track Court, sentenced former Bankura district secretary of Students Federation of India (SFI) Arka Poddar to four years rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10000.
He was convicted for abetting the suicide of Debjani Nandi, a former student leader of the district.
Nandi`s body was found lying by the side of a railway tracks in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj