Student leader jailed for abetting suicide
Bankura: A local court here Tuesday sentenced a former student union leader to four years rigorous imprisonment for abetting the suicide of a college student and member of his student wing.
Prasad Kumar Roy, the judicial magistrate of Bishnupur Fast Track Court, sentenced former Bankura district secretary of Students Federation of India (SFI) Arka Poddar to four years rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10000.
He was convicted for abetting the suicide of Debjani Nandi, a former student leader of the district.
Nandi`s body was found lying by the side of a railway tracks in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal