Student leader jailed for abetting suicide
Bankura: A local court here Tuesday sentenced a former student union leader to four years rigorous imprisonment for abetting the suicide of a college student and member of his student wing.
Prasad Kumar Roy, the judicial magistrate of Bishnupur Fast Track Court, sentenced former Bankura district secretary of Students Federation of India (SFI) Arka Poddar to four years rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10000.
He was convicted for abetting the suicide of Debjani Nandi, a former student leader of the district.
Nandi`s body was found lying by the side of a railway tracks in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17