Student leader jailed for abetting suicide
Bankura: A local court here Tuesday sentenced a former student union leader to four years rigorous imprisonment for abetting the suicide of a college student and member of his student wing.
Prasad Kumar Roy, the judicial magistrate of Bishnupur Fast Track Court, sentenced former Bankura district secretary of Students Federation of India (SFI) Arka Poddar to four years rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10000.
He was convicted for abetting the suicide of Debjani Nandi, a former student leader of the district.
Nandi`s body was found lying by the side of a railway tracks in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea