Student stabbed during college union election in WB
Burdwan: In continuing student violence in West Bengal, a student of Shyamsundar College at Raina in Burdwan district was stabbed and seriously injured Thursday on his way to participate in the students` union election.
The police said Saikat Nigel, a third year BA student and
president of Trinamool Congress in Raina-I block, was stabbed
in the stomach, injuring him seriously. He was rushed to
Burdwan Medical College and Hospital where his condition was
stated to be critical.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Niyamul Haque alleged the
attack on Nigel was carried out by CPI-M goons with the help
of local police.
However, SFI`s Burdwan district president Arindam
Chakraborty ruled out involvement of their members and alleged
it was the handiwork of local anti-social elements.
The students` union poll is being held amidst tight
security in six colleges in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'