Student stabbed during college union election in WB
Burdwan: In continuing student violence in West Bengal, a student of Shyamsundar College at Raina in Burdwan district was stabbed and seriously injured Thursday on his way to participate in the students` union election.
The police said Saikat Nigel, a third year BA student and
president of Trinamool Congress in Raina-I block, was stabbed
in the stomach, injuring him seriously. He was rushed to
Burdwan Medical College and Hospital where his condition was
stated to be critical.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Niyamul Haque alleged the
attack on Nigel was carried out by CPI-M goons with the help
of local police.
However, SFI`s Burdwan district president Arindam
Chakraborty ruled out involvement of their members and alleged
it was the handiwork of local anti-social elements.
The students` union poll is being held amidst tight
security in six colleges in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city