Student stabbed during college union election in WB
Burdwan: In continuing student violence in West Bengal, a student of Shyamsundar College at Raina in Burdwan district was stabbed and seriously injured Thursday on his way to participate in the students` union election.
The police said Saikat Nigel, a third year BA student and
president of Trinamool Congress in Raina-I block, was stabbed
in the stomach, injuring him seriously. He was rushed to
Burdwan Medical College and Hospital where his condition was
stated to be critical.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Niyamul Haque alleged the
attack on Nigel was carried out by CPI-M goons with the help
of local police.
However, SFI`s Burdwan district president Arindam
Chakraborty ruled out involvement of their members and alleged
it was the handiwork of local anti-social elements.
The students` union poll is being held amidst tight
security in six colleges in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday