Students find school locked up in WB
Howrah(WB): Student and staff of a school at Shyampur in Howrah district on Wednesday found that their school main gate locked as the staff who had the keys did not turned up due to the strike, official sources said.
The student and staff of Sasati Nahala Kataldah Abinash Higher Secondary school found the school main gate locked. They informed the local panchayat and the Block Development Officer (BDO) of Shyampur II Sudipto Sakra, they said.
The BDO went to the school and found that the staff who had kept the keys of the main gate has not turned up due to the strike.
The BDO then ordered that the locks be broken and the main gate be opened so that the students could attend school.
The BDO said he has informed the School Education department about the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation