Students should be proactive in society building:
Shibpur (West Bengal): President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday called upon students to be proactive in building the society and asked them to channelise their energy and determination in addressing the problems faced by the nation.
"It is always a pleasure to be amongst young people. Your energy, determination, aspiration at this stage must be channelised, to address the problems that people of our nation are facing, in a result oriented manner," Mukherjee said, while addressing students during the 15th convocation ceremony of the Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU) at Shibpur in the neighbouring Howrah district.
He urged to students to be proactive in society building as well as to help in preserving the traditions and heritage of the country.
"I take upon this opportunity to call upon you to be proactive in building our society but without forgetting our heritage and tradition of tolerance, mutual respect and inclusive approach in achieving our developmental goal," he said.
Emphasising on the need for continuous modernisation of the institution, Mukherjee said the students and faculty must continue collaborating with their national and international counterparts.
"The students and faculty members must continue regular interaction and collaboration with their counterparts in India and abroad.
"The university should focus in developing technology and making it consumer friendly that would always benefit the public," the president added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged