Students should be proactive in society building:
Shibpur (West Bengal): President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday called upon students to be proactive in building the society and asked them to channelise their energy and determination in addressing the problems faced by the nation.
"It is always a pleasure to be amongst young people. Your energy, determination, aspiration at this stage must be channelised, to address the problems that people of our nation are facing, in a result oriented manner," Mukherjee said, while addressing students during the 15th convocation ceremony of the Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU) at Shibpur in the neighbouring Howrah district.
He urged to students to be proactive in society building as well as to help in preserving the traditions and heritage of the country.
"I take upon this opportunity to call upon you to be proactive in building our society but without forgetting our heritage and tradition of tolerance, mutual respect and inclusive approach in achieving our developmental goal," he said.
Emphasising on the need for continuous modernisation of the institution, Mukherjee said the students and faculty must continue collaborating with their national and international counterparts.
"The students and faculty members must continue regular interaction and collaboration with their counterparts in India and abroad.
"The university should focus in developing technology and making it consumer friendly that would always benefit the public," the president added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what