Students to sit for HS exam without submitting forms: Basu
Kolkata: Around 1000 students who were unable to submit their forms in time with the West Bengal Higher Secondary Council for the intermediate examination, were allowed to appear for it on Wednesday.
"As no fault was established on their part in being unable to submit forms in time though they had cleared the qualifying examination, they were not responsible for the situation," Education minister Bratya Basu told the state Assembly.
Stating that the students therefore were not legally entitled to sit for the examinations, he said, adding "We tried to stand by the students. These around 1,000 students were in a twilight zone."
He said that the council, deciding to stand by the students and will be allowed to sit for the higher secondary examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie