Students to sit for HS exam without submitting forms: Basu
Kolkata: Around 1000 students who were unable to submit their forms in time with the West Bengal Higher Secondary Council for the intermediate examination, were allowed to appear for it on Wednesday.
"As no fault was established on their part in being unable to submit forms in time though they had cleared the qualifying examination, they were not responsible for the situation," Education minister Bratya Basu told the state Assembly.
Stating that the students therefore were not legally entitled to sit for the examinations, he said, adding "We tried to stand by the students. These around 1,000 students were in a twilight zone."
He said that the council, deciding to stand by the students and will be allowed to sit for the higher secondary examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you