Style of functioning of WB govt should change: FB
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of the Left
Front`s electoral reverses, Forward Bloc, a key partner, on Friday
said that the "style of functioning" of the West Bengal
government should change.
"There is a need to change the style of functioning of
the government. We have to think anew," AIFB General Secretary
Debabrata Biswas told reporters when asked whether change of
leadership in the government was necessary in view of series
of poll reverses.
He said, "individual does not matter. Mere change of
an individual will not help us to tide over the crisis. Any
change has to be effected taking the people along."
He said that West Bengal was credited for land
reforms, but it failed to provide an alternative development
On the 16th party congress of Forward Bloc beginning
here from December 17, he said that the unity of left parties
and left alternative would be discussed.
CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat and CPI general
secretary A B Bardhan would take part in the discussions.
On the proposed nuclear power plant in Haripur in East
Midnapore which has been objected to by the Trinamool
Congress, he said that its impact on environment has to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?