Style of functioning of WB govt should change: FB
Kolkata: Against the backdrop of the Left
Front`s electoral reverses, Forward Bloc, a key partner, on Friday
said that the "style of functioning" of the West Bengal
government should change.
"There is a need to change the style of functioning of
the government. We have to think anew," AIFB General Secretary
Debabrata Biswas told reporters when asked whether change of
leadership in the government was necessary in view of series
of poll reverses.
He said, "individual does not matter. Mere change of
an individual will not help us to tide over the crisis. Any
change has to be effected taking the people along."
He said that West Bengal was credited for land
reforms, but it failed to provide an alternative development
On the 16th party congress of Forward Bloc beginning
here from December 17, he said that the unity of left parties
and left alternative would be discussed.
CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat and CPI general
secretary A B Bardhan would take part in the discussions.
On the proposed nuclear power plant in Haripur in East
Midnapore which has been objected to by the Trinamool
Congress, he said that its impact on environment has to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials