‘Suchitra`s husband a Trinamool Congress worker’
Purulia: West Bengal Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra on Saturday claimed that the present husband of top woman Maoist Suchitra Mahato was a Trinamool Congress (TC) worker of Balarampur in Purulia.
Suchitra`s present huband Prabir Gorai besides being a member of the tribal outfit Peoples Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA) was also a TC member and maintained contacts with it all along, Mishra told a public meeting at Balarampur
in Maoist-dominated Jangalmahal area, 45 km from here.
"The surrender at the Writers` buildings (state secretariat) yesterday was a made up story with police help ... It was a drama staged to divert the attention of the
people," the CPI-M leader said.
"Suchitra Mahato`s surrender at the state secretariat yesterday was a concocted story. The surrender was a ploy to divert the attention of the people from the killing of 200 leftist workers by Maoists."
Suchitra, a close aide of Maoist top leader Kishenji, had escaped during the police encounter in which he was killed in the jungle of Burisole in West Midnapore on November 24 last year.
Mishra alleged that the package announced by the Mamata Banerjee government for the surrendered Maoists was ineffective and "We cannot see any result of the declaration of the package ... There is no progress on this front."
There has been no progress in the situation in Jungalmahal, comprising areas in West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, he alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged