‘Suchitra`s husband a Trinamool Congress worker’
Purulia: West Bengal Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra on Saturday claimed that the present husband of top woman Maoist Suchitra Mahato was a Trinamool Congress (TC) worker of Balarampur in Purulia.
Suchitra`s present huband Prabir Gorai besides being a member of the tribal outfit Peoples Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA) was also a TC member and maintained contacts with it all along, Mishra told a public meeting at Balarampur
in Maoist-dominated Jangalmahal area, 45 km from here.
"The surrender at the Writers` buildings (state secretariat) yesterday was a made up story with police help ... It was a drama staged to divert the attention of the
people," the CPI-M leader said.
"Suchitra Mahato`s surrender at the state secretariat yesterday was a concocted story. The surrender was a ploy to divert the attention of the people from the killing of 200 leftist workers by Maoists."
Suchitra, a close aide of Maoist top leader Kishenji, had escaped during the police encounter in which he was killed in the jungle of Burisole in West Midnapore on November 24 last year.
Mishra alleged that the package announced by the Mamata Banerjee government for the surrendered Maoists was ineffective and "We cannot see any result of the declaration of the package ... There is no progress on this front."
There has been no progress in the situation in Jungalmahal, comprising areas in West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital