Sudipta Sen, 2 others sent to jail custody till June 3
Canning: Sudipta Sen, the chairman of Saradha Group, which allegedly defrauded thousands of small investors, and two others, were on Tuesday sent to judicial custody till June 3 in cases related to cheating by a court at Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district.
Sen along with Saradha director Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan, who looked after the group`s operations in Jharkhand, were produced before the court of Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate Debdip Manna who sent them to judicial custody.
Sen was produced in connection with a case where an agent of the chit fund company, Manik Chakraborty, lodged a complaint of cheating at Joynagar police station.
Five other complaints of cheating lodged in the police stations of Joynagar, Baruipur and Sonarpur have been pending against him, the police said.
Sen, Mukherjee and Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos