Sudipta Sen, Chouhan cooperating with investigators: Lawyer
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, Saradha group chairman accused of duping lakhs of investors, is cooperating with investigators, his lawyer claimed on Sunday.
As per court order he was present when Sen was interrogated, Samir Das, Sen`s lawyer said.
Sen, along with Ponzi scheme director Debjani Mukherjee and company official Arvind Singh Chouhan have been remanded to police custody for 14 days.
Chouhan, who has been kept in a separate place, is also cooperating with investigators during the interrogation," K Kanan, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar city police told PTI.
However, what surfaced during the investigation was not disclosed by the police.
Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog