Sudipta Sen, son taken in judicial custody in ED cases
Kolkata: A city court on Thursday remanded multi-crore chit fund scam accused Sudipta Sen and his son Subhojit Sen to 14 days` judicial custody in connection with money laundering cases lodged by the Enforcement Directorate.
Judge B N Bhaduri of City Sessions Court here, after hearing lawyers of both the accused and the ED, granted judicial custody of Sudipta and Subhojit till June 12.
Appearing for Subhojit, counsel Naresh Bhalotia prayed for his bail claiming that his name was not in the charge-sheet filed by the ED in connection with the six cases of money laundering.
He also claimed that Subhojit had been in custody for 44 days, but the ED was not questioning him in jail and as such he be enlarged on bail.
ED lawyers Rajib Mukherjee and Abhijit Bhadra opposed the bail prayer and submitted that with a lot of investigation pending, a bail to the accused at this juncture would be harmful to the cases.
Sudipta Sen, Saradha Group chief, however, did not pray for bail in the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says