Sudipta wants to repay `genuine customers` by selling assets
Kolkata: Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, the main accused in the multi-crore chit fund scam, on Friday claimed that he wanted to hand over all his assets to the court to repay `genuine customers`.
Sen, who is in custody on the charge of allegedly duping lakhs of investors in ponzi schemes, was represented by his counsel in the Calcutta High Court hearing PILs seeking a CBI investigation into the charges against him.
The counsel submitted before a division bench comprising Justice Asim Banerjee and Justice MK Chaudhuri, that Sen wanted his movable and immovable assets to be taken over by the court.
Sen, who has opposed a CBI investigation into the charges against him, prayed that the court evaluate and sell off his assets to repay `genuine customers`.
Sen also prayed for an order that all cases initiated against him in several places be heard by a single court.
The matter would come up for hearing again on Monday.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on