Sudipto, two Saradha officials remanded in police custody
Kolkata: Sudipto Sen, the main accused in the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam, and two other company officials were on Thursday remanded in 14 days police custody by a court at Bidhannagar here.
Sen, the Saradha Group`s chairman along with director Debjani Mukhopadhyay and Arvind Singh Chouhan, who looked after the company`s interests in Jharkhand, were produced before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A H M Rahman who remanded them in police custody.
They were charged under IPC sections 406 (criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
The court directed that Sen may have a lawyer during interrogation if he desired.
The court also directed the Bidhannagar police commisionerate to provide details of pending cases against the three in their jurisdiction within a week.
Youth Congress and BJP workers, holding placards, demonstrated outside the court demanding that Sen be punished for duping thousands of investors.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha Group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names have figured in a letter purportedly written to CBI by the collapsed company`s chairman.
The police swung into action and removed the demonstrators before cordoning off the area.
Sen and the other two officials were flown here last night after the West Bengal police were granted four days transit remand by a court in Jammu and Kashmir.
Sen and the other two were arrested from Sonamarg in Jammu and Kashmir on April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter