Suicide at Kolkata Metro station, services affected
Kolkata: Disrupting Metro services during peak office hours, an old man committed suicide at the Kalighat Metro station Saturday morning, officials said.
As soon as the train arrived at the Kalighat metro station around 10:27 am, an old man jumped onto the tracks and died on the spot.
The driver applied emergency brakes but in vain, Metro officials said.
Train services remained affected for around an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda