Suman`s latest grouse against Trinamoool Cong
Kolkata: Rebel Trinamool Congress MP
Kabir Suman on Monday took another swipe at his party, claiming he
was not being informed by it about not attending the Lok Sabha
to protest "attacks" by Marxist cadre on the opposition in
The MP said he had written to the Lok Sabha Speaker
and secretary general on the issue.
"I can`t understand what the party`s stand is
regarding when to attend and when not to attend the House. I
have signed the Lok Sabha register, but I can`t enter the
House," the singer-turned MP told a Bengali news channel.
The Trinamool Congress MPs had earlier abstained from
Parliament to protest "growing attacks" by Marxist cadre on
the opposition in West Bengal.
His complained that that he was not being contacted by
the Trinamool leadership or party chief whip Sudip
Bandopadhyay on its decision of not attending the Lok Sabha.
Asked if he had written to party chief Mamata Banerjee
or the party chief whip, Suman replied in the negative saying
"she is a busy person".
To a question, he said the party could expel him if it
"If it (Trinamool Congress) so desires, it can expel
me. I will go," Suman, who had earlier sent an sms to the
party chief that he was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha
and then decided not to, said.
Reminded that the party leadership did not want him to
continue as MP, he replied that legally he was not without a
party. "But I told them the party can expel me."
Suman reiterated that he would not resign from the Lok
Sabha or the party for the time being in deference to the
wishes of his mentor and writer Mahasweta Devi.
"I am not resigning now. My mentor and leader
Mahesweta Devi has ordered me not to resign. The people of my
Jadavpur Lok Sabha constituency have also requested me not to
resign. I will continue my job as MP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video