Suman`s latest grouse against Trinamoool Cong
Kolkata: Rebel Trinamool Congress MP
Kabir Suman on Monday took another swipe at his party, claiming he
was not being informed by it about not attending the Lok Sabha
to protest "attacks" by Marxist cadre on the opposition in
The MP said he had written to the Lok Sabha Speaker
and secretary general on the issue.
"I can`t understand what the party`s stand is
regarding when to attend and when not to attend the House. I
have signed the Lok Sabha register, but I can`t enter the
House," the singer-turned MP told a Bengali news channel.
The Trinamool Congress MPs had earlier abstained from
Parliament to protest "growing attacks" by Marxist cadre on
the opposition in West Bengal.
His complained that that he was not being contacted by
the Trinamool leadership or party chief whip Sudip
Bandopadhyay on its decision of not attending the Lok Sabha.
Asked if he had written to party chief Mamata Banerjee
or the party chief whip, Suman replied in the negative saying
"she is a busy person".
To a question, he said the party could expel him if it
"If it (Trinamool Congress) so desires, it can expel
me. I will go," Suman, who had earlier sent an sms to the
party chief that he was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha
and then decided not to, said.
Reminded that the party leadership did not want him to
continue as MP, he replied that legally he was not without a
party. "But I told them the party can expel me."
Suman reiterated that he would not resign from the Lok
Sabha or the party for the time being in deference to the
wishes of his mentor and writer Mahasweta Devi.
"I am not resigning now. My mentor and leader
Mahesweta Devi has ordered me not to resign. The people of my
Jadavpur Lok Sabha constituency have also requested me not to
resign. I will continue my job as MP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India