Suman`s latest grouse against Trinamoool Cong
Kolkata: Rebel Trinamool Congress MP
Kabir Suman on Monday took another swipe at his party, claiming he
was not being informed by it about not attending the Lok Sabha
to protest "attacks" by Marxist cadre on the opposition in
The MP said he had written to the Lok Sabha Speaker
and secretary general on the issue.
"I can`t understand what the party`s stand is
regarding when to attend and when not to attend the House. I
have signed the Lok Sabha register, but I can`t enter the
House," the singer-turned MP told a Bengali news channel.
The Trinamool Congress MPs had earlier abstained from
Parliament to protest "growing attacks" by Marxist cadre on
the opposition in West Bengal.
His complained that that he was not being contacted by
the Trinamool leadership or party chief whip Sudip
Bandopadhyay on its decision of not attending the Lok Sabha.
Asked if he had written to party chief Mamata Banerjee
or the party chief whip, Suman replied in the negative saying
"she is a busy person".
To a question, he said the party could expel him if it
"If it (Trinamool Congress) so desires, it can expel
me. I will go," Suman, who had earlier sent an sms to the
party chief that he was quitting the party and the Lok Sabha
and then decided not to, said.
Reminded that the party leadership did not want him to
continue as MP, he replied that legally he was not without a
party. "But I told them the party can expel me."
Suman reiterated that he would not resign from the Lok
Sabha or the party for the time being in deference to the
wishes of his mentor and writer Mahasweta Devi.
"I am not resigning now. My mentor and leader
Mahesweta Devi has ordered me not to resign. The people of my
Jadavpur Lok Sabha constituency have also requested me not to
resign. I will continue my job as MP."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata