Survey ranks Kolkata as India`s `best place for quality of life`, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A survey has ranked Kolkata as the best place for quality of life, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"You all will be happy to know that Kolkata has been ranked as the best place for quality of life among Indian cities in a recently-conducted survey. The study was based on more than 100 parameters in 21 selected cities," Banerjee said on Facebook.
Kolkata topped while Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal came second and third respectively while Delhi ranked fifth.
"We are happy that over the last three years, our efforts to restore the past glory of Kolkata and make it a truly great Metro from beautification to making the city clean and green to improving civic amenities is yielding results," she said.
Promising more in the coming days, Banerjee said much more would be done for Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt