Survey ranks Kolkata as India`s `best place for quality of life`, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A survey has ranked Kolkata as the best place for quality of life, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"You all will be happy to know that Kolkata has been ranked as the best place for quality of life among Indian cities in a recently-conducted survey. The study was based on more than 100 parameters in 21 selected cities," Banerjee said on Facebook.
Kolkata topped while Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal came second and third respectively while Delhi ranked fifth.
"We are happy that over the last three years, our efforts to restore the past glory of Kolkata and make it a truly great Metro from beautification to making the city clean and green to improving civic amenities is yielding results," she said.
Promising more in the coming days, Banerjee said much more would be done for Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends