Survey ranks Kolkata as India`s `best place for quality of life`, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A survey has ranked Kolkata as the best place for quality of life, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"You all will be happy to know that Kolkata has been ranked as the best place for quality of life among Indian cities in a recently-conducted survey. The study was based on more than 100 parameters in 21 selected cities," Banerjee said on Facebook.
Kolkata topped while Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal came second and third respectively while Delhi ranked fifth.
"We are happy that over the last three years, our efforts to restore the past glory of Kolkata and make it a truly great Metro from beautification to making the city clean and green to improving civic amenities is yielding results," she said.
Promising more in the coming days, Banerjee said much more would be done for Kolkata.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani