Survey ranks Kolkata as India`s `best place for quality of life`, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A survey has ranked Kolkata as the best place for quality of life, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"You all will be happy to know that Kolkata has been ranked as the best place for quality of life among Indian cities in a recently-conducted survey. The study was based on more than 100 parameters in 21 selected cities," Banerjee said on Facebook.
Kolkata topped while Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal came second and third respectively while Delhi ranked fifth.
"We are happy that over the last three years, our efforts to restore the past glory of Kolkata and make it a truly great Metro from beautification to making the city clean and green to improving civic amenities is yielding results," she said.
Promising more in the coming days, Banerjee said much more would be done for Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS