Survey ranks Kolkata as India`s `best place for quality of life`, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: A survey has ranked Kolkata as the best place for quality of life, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"You all will be happy to know that Kolkata has been ranked as the best place for quality of life among Indian cities in a recently-conducted survey. The study was based on more than 100 parameters in 21 selected cities," Banerjee said on Facebook.
Kolkata topped while Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal came second and third respectively while Delhi ranked fifth.
"We are happy that over the last three years, our efforts to restore the past glory of Kolkata and make it a truly great Metro from beautification to making the city clean and green to improving civic amenities is yielding results," she said.
Promising more in the coming days, Banerjee said much more would be done for Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!