Suryakanta Mishra writes to PM on WB chitfund scam
Kolkata: Senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking an investigation by central agencies into the chitfund scam in West Bengal as not a single case has been filed by the state.
"There is an urgent need for the Prime Minister to intervene. Central investigative agencies like SEBI, CBI, ED should investigate," Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition said.
Alleging that several ruling Trinamool Congress leaders were involved in the scam, Mishra said that only an investigation by central agencies could bring out the truth.
"Only investigation by the CBI, SEBI and ED can bring out the truth, as the state government is not serious about the investigation. The state till now has not filed a single complaint against the Saradha group," Mishra said.
Mishra, with a Left Front delegation, had met the Prime Minister a few months ago when the Sardha chitfund scam came to the fore.
Mishra also asked on what basis the anti-chitfund bill by the erstwhile Left Front regime, was sent back to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical