Suryakanta Mishra writes to PM on WB chitfund scam
Kolkata: Senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking an investigation by central agencies into the chitfund scam in West Bengal as not a single case has been filed by the state.
"There is an urgent need for the Prime Minister to intervene. Central investigative agencies like SEBI, CBI, ED should investigate," Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition said.
Alleging that several ruling Trinamool Congress leaders were involved in the scam, Mishra said that only an investigation by central agencies could bring out the truth.
"Only investigation by the CBI, SEBI and ED can bring out the truth, as the state government is not serious about the investigation. The state till now has not filed a single complaint against the Saradha group," Mishra said.
Mishra, with a Left Front delegation, had met the Prime Minister a few months ago when the Sardha chitfund scam came to the fore.
Mishra also asked on what basis the anti-chitfund bill by the erstwhile Left Front regime, was sent back to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports