Suryakanta Mishra writes to PM on WB chitfund scam
Kolkata: Senior CPI(M) leader Suryakanta Mishra Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking an investigation by central agencies into the chitfund scam in West Bengal as not a single case has been filed by the state.
"There is an urgent need for the Prime Minister to intervene. Central investigative agencies like SEBI, CBI, ED should investigate," Mishra, the Leader of the Opposition said.
Alleging that several ruling Trinamool Congress leaders were involved in the scam, Mishra said that only an investigation by central agencies could bring out the truth.
"Only investigation by the CBI, SEBI and ED can bring out the truth, as the state government is not serious about the investigation. The state till now has not filed a single complaint against the Saradha group," Mishra said.
Mishra, with a Left Front delegation, had met the Prime Minister a few months ago when the Sardha chitfund scam came to the fore.
Mishra also asked on what basis the anti-chitfund bill by the erstwhile Left Front regime, was sent back to the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read