Sushanta Ghosh discharged from hospital
Kolkata: Former CPI(M) Minister Sushanta
Ghosh, who was hospitalised after being arrested in connection
with recovery of skeletons from near his residence, was on Wednesday
discharged from the facility here.
CID sources said Ghosh, the CPI(M) MLA from Garbeta,
would be produced before a Midnapore court later in the day as
his seven-day CID remand ends today.
Ghosh was arrested by the CID on August 9 after the Chief
Judicial Magistrate, Midnapore rejected his application for
extension of anticipatory bail.
Seven skeletons were dug up from near Ghosh`s ancestral
house at Benachapra in the Garbeta police station area in West
Midnapore district on June 2.
After the recovery of the skeleton, missing Trinamool
Congress worker Ajoy Acharya`s son filed an FIR on June 4
against Sushanta Ghosh and others claiming that he had
recognised his father from the clothes found one one of the
Acharya`s son alleged that his father was among seven
Trinamool Congress workers abducted by CPI(M) cadre after a
meeting at Piyasala village in 2002. The seven have been
missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch