Suspected Maoists gun down school teacher
Jhargram (WB): A primary school teacher,
stated to be a CPI(M) worker, was on Saturday shot dead allegedly by
suspected Maoist ultras in Jhargram area of West Midnapore
district, police said here.
Parbat Mahto (42), a worker of CPI(M) youth wing
Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was abducted by
the ultras from near his Ghritakham village residence this
Mahto, a para-teacher of Ghritakham Primary School,
was picked up when he had gone to take a bath at a nearby pond
at about 5.30 AM, they said.
His body was found later near a culvert, about one km
away, from the village. It appears that he was beaten up
before being gunned down, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore