Suspected Maoists gun down school teacher
Jhargram (WB): A primary school teacher,
stated to be a CPI(M) worker, was on Saturday shot dead allegedly by
suspected Maoist ultras in Jhargram area of West Midnapore
district, police said here.
Parbat Mahto (42), a worker of CPI(M) youth wing
Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), was abducted by
the ultras from near his Ghritakham village residence this
Mahto, a para-teacher of Ghritakham Primary School,
was picked up when he had gone to take a bath at a nearby pond
at about 5.30 AM, they said.
His body was found later near a culvert, about one km
away, from the village. It appears that he was beaten up
before being gunned down, they said.
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- SAMCO launches Season 2 of the Indian Trading League
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!