Suspected Maoists kill three in West Midnapore
Kolkata: Two brothers were among three
persons killed by suspected Maoists in West Midnapore
district, police said on Sunday.
Around 40 persons, suspected to be Maoists, barged
into the house of one Anath Singh (40) and Siteshwar Singh,
35, at Shyamnagar village in Belpahari and chopped off their
heads last night, they said.
The police recovered the bodies this morning and sent
them for post-mortem.
In another case, CPI(M) activist Jhantu Patra, a
resident of Bamal village in Lalgarh, was shot dead allegedly
by Maoists last night, the police said.
With these cases, the total number of killings in the
district has now gone up to 65 since last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB