Suspected terror operative arrested in West Bengal
Kolkata: A suspected terror operative has been arrested from West Bengal`s North Dinajpur district, police said on Thursday.
"We arrested Mohammad Allauddin and recovered 6,000 FICN (fake Indian currency notes) from him along with some incriminating documents. We have presented him in a court and will seek his custody," Superintendent of Police (North Dinajpur) AK Chaturvedi said.
Allauddin was arrested late Wednesday night from Karandighi, some 450 km from Kolkata.
"We are probing if he has any his links with any terror outfit," said Chaturvedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city