Suspected terror operative arrested in West Bengal
Kolkata: A suspected terror operative has been arrested from West Bengal`s North Dinajpur district, police said on Thursday.
"We arrested Mohammad Allauddin and recovered 6,000 FICN (fake Indian currency notes) from him along with some incriminating documents. We have presented him in a court and will seek his custody," Superintendent of Police (North Dinajpur) AK Chaturvedi said.
Allauddin was arrested late Wednesday night from Karandighi, some 450 km from Kolkata.
"We are probing if he has any his links with any terror outfit," said Chaturvedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured