Suspected Tunda linkman held from Bengal village
Raiganj (WB): A person, suspected to have links with arrested Laskhar-e-Toiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda, has been arrested with fake notes at a village in North Dinajpur district.
Mohammad Alauddin, 56, was arrested at Mothergachi village in the Karandighi police station area in the district last night with counterfeit currency worth Rs 6,000 found on him, district SP Akhilesh Chaturvedi said.
Chaturvedi said, "The notes were all printed in Bangladesh with which Mothergachi village shared a border."
Md Alauddin was produced today in the court of Additional Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Nilanjana Ghosh at Islampur and was remanded in police custody for seven days.
The SP said that Intelligence Branch sleuths would arrive from Kolkata and Siliguri to probe Alauddin`s suspected connection to Tunda who was arrested by the Delhi police from the Indo-Nepal border recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH