Suspected Tunda linkman held from Bengal village
Raiganj (WB): A person, suspected to have links with arrested Laskhar-e-Toiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda, has been arrested with fake notes at a village in North Dinajpur district.
Mohammad Alauddin, 56, was arrested at Mothergachi village in the Karandighi police station area in the district last night with counterfeit currency worth Rs 6,000 found on him, district SP Akhilesh Chaturvedi said.
Chaturvedi said, "The notes were all printed in Bangladesh with which Mothergachi village shared a border."
Md Alauddin was produced today in the court of Additional Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Nilanjana Ghosh at Islampur and was remanded in police custody for seven days.
The SP said that Intelligence Branch sleuths would arrive from Kolkata and Siliguri to probe Alauddin`s suspected connection to Tunda who was arrested by the Delhi police from the Indo-Nepal border recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened