Suspected Tunda linkman held from Bengal village
Raiganj (WB): A person, suspected to have links with arrested Laskhar-e-Toiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda, has been arrested with fake notes at a village in North Dinajpur district.
Mohammad Alauddin, 56, was arrested at Mothergachi village in the Karandighi police station area in the district last night with counterfeit currency worth Rs 6,000 found on him, district SP Akhilesh Chaturvedi said.
Chaturvedi said, "The notes were all printed in Bangladesh with which Mothergachi village shared a border."
Md Alauddin was produced today in the court of Additional Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Nilanjana Ghosh at Islampur and was remanded in police custody for seven days.
The SP said that Intelligence Branch sleuths would arrive from Kolkata and Siliguri to probe Alauddin`s suspected connection to Tunda who was arrested by the Delhi police from the Indo-Nepal border recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!