Suspected Tunda linkman held from Bengal village
Raiganj (WB): A person, suspected to have links with arrested Laskhar-e-Toiba terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda, has been arrested with fake notes at a village in North Dinajpur district.
Mohammad Alauddin, 56, was arrested at Mothergachi village in the Karandighi police station area in the district last night with counterfeit currency worth Rs 6,000 found on him, district SP Akhilesh Chaturvedi said.
Chaturvedi said, "The notes were all printed in Bangladesh with which Mothergachi village shared a border."
Md Alauddin was produced today in the court of Additional Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Nilanjana Ghosh at Islampur and was remanded in police custody for seven days.
The SP said that Intelligence Branch sleuths would arrive from Kolkata and Siliguri to probe Alauddin`s suspected connection to Tunda who was arrested by the Delhi police from the Indo-Nepal border recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs