Suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh writes to ED, fears for life
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh and an accused of Saradha chit fund scam has written a 91-page letter to the ED, stating that he feared for his life and urging the investigation agency to interrogate several powerful politicians of the State to unearth the scam.
"Kunal Ghosh has written a 91-page letter in Bengali to us urging about various things regarding the investigation. We are looking into the matter," a senior official of the Enforcement Directorate, said.
Ghosh, who is in police custody in connection with the scam in which lakhs of poor depositors were duped, was arrested last year after he was suspended from the TMC for the anti-party activities.
Ghosh had on many occasions accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of trying to save those involved in the scam.
Recently, ED`s zonal office in Kolkata issued summons to about 15 people involved in fund transactions of the scam, which came to the fore early last year when the duped investors demonstrated to air their grievances.
The summons followed the ED`s attaching Rs 105.62 crore worth of assets belonging to various entities involved in the case including Sudipta Sen and his wife Piyali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends