Swami Nityananda Maharaj passes away
Kolkata: Swami Nityananda Maharaj, founder secretary of Ramakrishana Vivekananda Mission in Barrackpore, passed away after old-age related illness, sources said.
He was 82 and suffering from kidney-related ailments.
Sources from the monastic order said he was admitted at AIIMS in Delhi recently and had recovered before returning to Barrackpore, near Kolkata, yesterday.
"I expected that he would be cured after getting treatment at AIIMS, Delhi. But the wish of the Almighty was otherwise and he left his worldly body," President Pranab Mukherjee said in his condolence message.
He said one cannot express condolences for a monk who is detached with the materialistic world, so he was offering profound respect to the noble soul.
"May his efforts spread with new zeal," Mukherjee added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa