Swami Vivekananda chairs to be set up in CU and PU: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced that chairs on Swami Vivekananda would be set up in two universities of the state.
"Vivekananda chair would be set up in Calcutta University and Presidency University," she said at a function to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swamiji at Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission which was set up by Swamiji.
She said the state government would provide all kinds of support and help to the Ramakrishna Math and Mission to propagate the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
The Chief Minister said her government was organising `youth utsavs` in all the blocks of the state and they are being called `vivek utsavs`.
Banerjee along with the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj released some books and DVDs on Swami Vivekananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report