Swami Vivekananda chairs to be set up in CU and PU: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced that chairs on Swami Vivekananda would be set up in two universities of the state.
"Vivekananda chair would be set up in Calcutta University and Presidency University," she said at a function to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swamiji at Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission which was set up by Swamiji.
She said the state government would provide all kinds of support and help to the Ramakrishna Math and Mission to propagate the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
The Chief Minister said her government was organising `youth utsavs` in all the blocks of the state and they are being called `vivek utsavs`.
Banerjee along with the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj released some books and DVDs on Swami Vivekananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days