Swami Vivekananda chairs to be set up in CU and PU: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced that chairs on Swami Vivekananda would be set up in two universities of the state.
"Vivekananda chair would be set up in Calcutta University and Presidency University," she said at a function to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swamiji at Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission which was set up by Swamiji.
She said the state government would provide all kinds of support and help to the Ramakrishna Math and Mission to propagate the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
The Chief Minister said her government was organising `youth utsavs` in all the blocks of the state and they are being called `vivek utsavs`.
Banerjee along with the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj released some books and DVDs on Swami Vivekananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog