Swami Vivekananda chairs to be set up in CU and PU: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced that chairs on Swami Vivekananda would be set up in two universities of the state.
"Vivekananda chair would be set up in Calcutta University and Presidency University," she said at a function to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swamiji at Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission which was set up by Swamiji.
She said the state government would provide all kinds of support and help to the Ramakrishna Math and Mission to propagate the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
The Chief Minister said her government was organising `youth utsavs` in all the blocks of the state and they are being called `vivek utsavs`.
Banerjee along with the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj released some books and DVDs on Swami Vivekananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon