Swami Vivekananda chairs to be set up in CU and PU: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced that chairs on Swami Vivekananda would be set up in two universities of the state.
"Vivekananda chair would be set up in Calcutta University and Presidency University," she said at a function to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swamiji at Belur Math, the global headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission which was set up by Swamiji.
She said the state government would provide all kinds of support and help to the Ramakrishna Math and Mission to propagate the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
The Chief Minister said her government was organising `youth utsavs` in all the blocks of the state and they are being called `vivek utsavs`.
Banerjee along with the President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj released some books and DVDs on Swami Vivekananda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'