Sweeper arrested in connection with bank robbery
Krishnagar (WB): The sweeper of Ranaghat UCO bank branch,Krishnanagar, was arrested by police in connection with the Rs 30 robbery in the bank, police sources said on Friday.
On November 5 robbers had looted Rs 30 lakh from the Ranaghat UCO bank branch.
"We suspect that the sweeper Bijay Bhattacharjee has some links with the robbers. So we have arrested him," Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.
Bhattacharjee, a resident of Shantipur in Nadia district has been working as sweeper in the bank for last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- After arrest of ISIS sympathisers, Kerala BJP demands detailed probe into 'conversions'
- Dalit couple axed to death for Rs 15
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf