Sweeper arrested in connection with bank robbery
Krishnagar (WB): The sweeper of Ranaghat UCO bank branch,Krishnanagar, was arrested by police in connection with the Rs 30 robbery in the bank, police sources said on Friday.
On November 5 robbers had looted Rs 30 lakh from the Ranaghat UCO bank branch.
"We suspect that the sweeper Bijay Bhattacharjee has some links with the robbers. So we have arrested him," Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.
Bhattacharjee, a resident of Shantipur in Nadia district has been working as sweeper in the bank for last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi