Sweeper arrested in connection with bank robbery
Krishnagar (WB): The sweeper of Ranaghat UCO bank branch,Krishnanagar, was arrested by police in connection with the Rs 30 robbery in the bank, police sources said on Friday.
On November 5 robbers had looted Rs 30 lakh from the Ranaghat UCO bank branch.
"We suspect that the sweeper Bijay Bhattacharjee has some links with the robbers. So we have arrested him," Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.
Bhattacharjee, a resident of Shantipur in Nadia district has been working as sweeper in the bank for last three years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?