Sweeper arrested in connection with bank robbery
Krishnagar (WB): The sweeper of Ranaghat UCO bank branch,Krishnanagar, was arrested by police in connection with the Rs 30 robbery in the bank, police sources said on Friday.
On November 5 robbers had looted Rs 30 lakh from the Ranaghat UCO bank branch.
"We suspect that the sweeper Bijay Bhattacharjee has some links with the robbers. So we have arrested him," Superintendent of Police Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.
Bhattacharjee, a resident of Shantipur in Nadia district has been working as sweeper in the bank for last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka