Take steps to reopen closed industries, tea gardens: CPI-M tells Mamata
Kolkata: Expressing deep concern over the deterioration in West Bengal`s industrial climate, the CPI-M Monday demanded that the state`s Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government initiate steps to reopen factories, jute mills and tea gardens which have closed down recently.
Refering to the suspension of work announced at the iconic Hindustan Motors factory and Jessop days after the announcement of the Lok Sabha poll results last month, the Communist Party of India-Marxist state committee in a resolution also mentioned the permanent closure announced in the Duckback unit in North 24 Parganas district`s Barrackpore.
"The state committee demand the state government take immediate steps to open Hindustan Motors, Jessop, Duckback, the Dunlop factory, closed jutemills and tea gardens and ensure the now unemployed workers get back their jobs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH