Take steps to reopen closed industries, tea gardens: CPI-M tells Mamata
Kolkata: Expressing deep concern over the deterioration in West Bengal`s industrial climate, the CPI-M Monday demanded that the state`s Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government initiate steps to reopen factories, jute mills and tea gardens which have closed down recently.
Refering to the suspension of work announced at the iconic Hindustan Motors factory and Jessop days after the announcement of the Lok Sabha poll results last month, the Communist Party of India-Marxist state committee in a resolution also mentioned the permanent closure announced in the Duckback unit in North 24 Parganas district`s Barrackpore.
"The state committee demand the state government take immediate steps to open Hindustan Motors, Jessop, Duckback, the Dunlop factory, closed jutemills and tea gardens and ensure the now unemployed workers get back their jobs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog