Take steps to reopen closed industries, tea gardens: CPI-M tells Mamata
Kolkata: Expressing deep concern over the deterioration in West Bengal`s industrial climate, the CPI-M Monday demanded that the state`s Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government initiate steps to reopen factories, jute mills and tea gardens which have closed down recently.
Refering to the suspension of work announced at the iconic Hindustan Motors factory and Jessop days after the announcement of the Lok Sabha poll results last month, the Communist Party of India-Marxist state committee in a resolution also mentioned the permanent closure announced in the Duckback unit in North 24 Parganas district`s Barrackpore.
"The state committee demand the state government take immediate steps to open Hindustan Motors, Jessop, Duckback, the Dunlop factory, closed jutemills and tea gardens and ensure the now unemployed workers get back their jobs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage