Take steps to reopen closed industries, tea gardens: CPI-M tells Mamata
Kolkata: Expressing deep concern over the deterioration in West Bengal`s industrial climate, the CPI-M Monday demanded that the state`s Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government initiate steps to reopen factories, jute mills and tea gardens which have closed down recently.
Refering to the suspension of work announced at the iconic Hindustan Motors factory and Jessop days after the announcement of the Lok Sabha poll results last month, the Communist Party of India-Marxist state committee in a resolution also mentioned the permanent closure announced in the Duckback unit in North 24 Parganas district`s Barrackpore.
"The state committee demand the state government take immediate steps to open Hindustan Motors, Jessop, Duckback, the Dunlop factory, closed jutemills and tea gardens and ensure the now unemployed workers get back their jobs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4