Tapas Pal`s rape threat: Canards being spread, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Terming that canards were being spread, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said that none spoke about the good work being done.
"Nobody will speak about the good work. But in a small case, even if it is nothing, everybody is out in hordes. Canards are being planted which you are not even aware of. So in this situation you have to take care of yourself," Banerjee told a programme here.
Banerjee`s comment comes amidst a controversy over the remarks made by her party MP Tapas Pal recently though she did not mention the issue nor uttered his name.
The party had yesterday accepted Pal`s unconditional apology offered on Tuesday for his derogatory remarks against women and said the matter ended there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday