Tapas Pal`s rape threat: Canards being spread, says Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Terming that canards were being spread, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said that none spoke about the good work being done.
"Nobody will speak about the good work. But in a small case, even if it is nothing, everybody is out in hordes. Canards are being planted which you are not even aware of. So in this situation you have to take care of yourself," Banerjee told a programme here.
Banerjee`s comment comes amidst a controversy over the remarks made by her party MP Tapas Pal recently though she did not mention the issue nor uttered his name.
The party had yesterday accepted Pal`s unconditional apology offered on Tuesday for his derogatory remarks against women and said the matter ended there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen