Tarun Gogoi condoles Jyoti Basu`s death
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
has expressed grief over the passing away of CPI(M) patriarch
Jyoti Basu on Sunday.
``Basu was the undisputed leader of the underprivileged
and weaker sections of the society and had a great
understanding about peoples` suffering``, Gogoi said in a
message adding the death was a loss not only for the people of
West Bengal but for the entire country.
The former West Bengal Chief Minister was always in
support of justice for the people and strived hard to maintain
unity, harmony and democratic principles of the country.
Besides establishing West Bengal as an economically
progressive state, he was always keen to ensure the all-round
development of the country which made him a great statesman,
Gogoi said and offerred his condolences to the bereaved
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan