Tarun Gogoi condoles Jyoti Basu`s death
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
has expressed grief over the passing away of CPI(M) patriarch
Jyoti Basu on Sunday.
``Basu was the undisputed leader of the underprivileged
and weaker sections of the society and had a great
understanding about peoples` suffering``, Gogoi said in a
message adding the death was a loss not only for the people of
West Bengal but for the entire country.
The former West Bengal Chief Minister was always in
support of justice for the people and strived hard to maintain
unity, harmony and democratic principles of the country.
Besides establishing West Bengal as an economically
progressive state, he was always keen to ensure the all-round
development of the country which made him a great statesman,
Gogoi said and offerred his condolences to the bereaved
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'