Tata compliments Mamata, she says thanks
Kolkata: They have not been on the best of terms over the Singur protests. But after the AMRI Hospital fire tragedy, Tata Group boss Ratan Tata has words of praise for Mamata Banerjee, and the West Bengal Chief Minister says she is obliged.
"Thanks. If anybody has liked it (our response to the disaster), we are obliged," Banerjee said in an interview to a Bengali television channel.
This followed a tweet by Tata on Sunday, commending Banerjee`s "swift and firm action" after the Dec 9 pre-dawn blaze in the hospital that claimed 93 lives.
This comes even as Tata Motors is locked in a court case with the West Bengal government over a legislation framed by the Mamata Banerjee government to return to farmers the land acquired in Singur for the now abandoned plant that was originally slated to roll out the small car Nano.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you