Tata compliments Mamata, she says thanks
Kolkata: They have not been on the best of terms over the Singur protests. But after the AMRI Hospital fire tragedy, Tata Group boss Ratan Tata has words of praise for Mamata Banerjee, and the West Bengal Chief Minister says she is obliged.
"Thanks. If anybody has liked it (our response to the disaster), we are obliged," Banerjee said in an interview to a Bengali television channel.
This followed a tweet by Tata on Sunday, commending Banerjee`s "swift and firm action" after the Dec 9 pre-dawn blaze in the hospital that claimed 93 lives.
This comes even as Tata Motors is locked in a court case with the West Bengal government over a legislation framed by the Mamata Banerjee government to return to farmers the land acquired in Singur for the now abandoned plant that was originally slated to roll out the small car Nano.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants