`Tatas can seek compensation for Singur land`
Kolkata: West Bengal government Friday said
Tata Motors can seek compensation for Singur land before proper authorities and if aggrieved with the award, the company can then move the high court.
Advocate-General Anindya Mitra submitted before Justice I
P Mukerji that Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Act,
2011, has a provision for compensation and TML should apply
In case it feels aggrieved by the compensation award, TML
can move the high court, he stated.
He submitted TML has from October, 2008, shifted 3,300 truckloads of machinery from the Singur plant but still they are claiming right over the 600 acres of land that was leased out to them for setting up the Nano car plant.
But the land has not been used for the purpose it was
given for i.e. producing cars and thus generating employment,
Claiming TML has no right to seek relief on the constitutionality of the Singur Act, the AG said a law can be
declared unconstitutional when it is "anti-people".
Here the circumstances for framing the law by which the
Singur land was vested by the government have to be taken into
consideration, he submitted.
The government today completed its submission on the TML
challenge of the Singur Act.
The matter would be taken up for hearing again on Monday
when TML counsels would give their reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?