Taxi strike in Kolkata on Wed
Kolkata: The Bengal Taxi Association has
called a one day token strike here tomorrow demanding a hike
of Rs six over the existing fare.
"We are going on a token one-day strike from midnight
tonight to midnight tomorrow," President of the Bengal Taxi
Association, Bimal Guha, told PTI.
He said Transport Minister Ranjit Kundu had requested a
fortnight`s time on the Association`s demands for which a
token strike had been called.
The Association would till the July 30 and if the demands
were not met by the government till then, an indefinite strike
would be called, Guha said.
The Progressive Taximen`s Association, however, said it
would not join the strike.
President of the Association Madan Mitra, a Trinamool
Congress leader, said his organisation would not participate
in the strike as it would inconvenience the people and
appealed to other associations not to go on strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened