TC asks govt to implement SC order on Nandigram
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Wednesday asked
the West Bengal government to implement without any further
delay the Supreme Court order to provide compensation to those
injured in the police firing at Nandigram in March 2007.
"The Government should strictly implement the apex court
order on the compensation aspect for Nandigram victims,"
Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters
Chatterjee also demanded arrest of armed CPI(M) cadre in
Referring to the violence in Burdwan town, Chatterjee
alleged that the CPI(M) was using hired musclemen from Bankura
and Purulia districts to terrorise people.
"For the last two days, CPI(M) goons have been indulging
in violence in Burdwan town and torching Trinamool offices,"
To a question, he said when CPI(M) was claiming
improvement in the situation in Maoist-hit West Midnapore
district, "Where then is the necessity of retaining the joint
"We are again demanding withdrawal of the joint forces,
withdrawal of prohibitory orders and dismantling of CPI(M)
armed camps," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal