TC asks govt to implement SC order on Nandigram
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Wednesday asked
the West Bengal government to implement without any further
delay the Supreme Court order to provide compensation to those
injured in the police firing at Nandigram in March 2007.
"The Government should strictly implement the apex court
order on the compensation aspect for Nandigram victims,"
Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters
Chatterjee also demanded arrest of armed CPI(M) cadre in
Referring to the violence in Burdwan town, Chatterjee
alleged that the CPI(M) was using hired musclemen from Bankura
and Purulia districts to terrorise people.
"For the last two days, CPI(M) goons have been indulging
in violence in Burdwan town and torching Trinamool offices,"
To a question, he said when CPI(M) was claiming
improvement in the situation in Maoist-hit West Midnapore
district, "Where then is the necessity of retaining the joint
"We are again demanding withdrawal of the joint forces,
withdrawal of prohibitory orders and dismantling of CPI(M)
armed camps," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections