TC asks govt to implement SC order on Nandigram
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress today asked
the West Bengal government to implement without any further
delay the Supreme Court order to provide compensation to those
injured in the police firing at Nandigram in March 2007.
"The Government should strictly implement the apex court
order on the compensation aspect for Nandigram victims,"
Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters
Chatterjee also demanded arrest of armed CPI(M) cadre in
Referring to the violence in Burdwan town, Chatterjee
alleged that the CPI(M) was using hired musclemen from Bankura
and Purulia districts to terrorise people.
"For the last two days, CPI(M) goons have been indulging
in violence in Burdwan town and torching Trinamool offices,"
To a question, he said when CPI(M) was claiming
improvement in the situation in Maoist-hit West Midnapore
district, "Where then is the necessity of retaining the joint
"We are again demanding withdrawal of the joint forces,
withdrawal of prohibitory orders and dismantling of CPI(M)
armed camps," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?