TC asks govt to implement SC order on Nandigram
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress today asked
the West Bengal government to implement without any further
delay the Supreme Court order to provide compensation to those
injured in the police firing at Nandigram in March 2007.
"The Government should strictly implement the apex court
order on the compensation aspect for Nandigram victims,"
Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee told reporters
Chatterjee also demanded arrest of armed CPI(M) cadre in
Referring to the violence in Burdwan town, Chatterjee
alleged that the CPI(M) was using hired musclemen from Bankura
and Purulia districts to terrorise people.
"For the last two days, CPI(M) goons have been indulging
in violence in Burdwan town and torching Trinamool offices,"
To a question, he said when CPI(M) was claiming
improvement in the situation in Maoist-hit West Midnapore
district, "Where then is the necessity of retaining the joint
"We are again demanding withdrawal of the joint forces,
withdrawal of prohibitory orders and dismantling of CPI(M)
armed camps," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi