TC Union ministers inciting violence in WB: CPM
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Sunday alleged that
Union Ministers belonging to Trinamool Congress were inciting
violence in West Bengal after the results for the civic body
elections were announced.
Without naming any leader, CPI(M) Polit Bureau member
Sitaram Yechury said the TC ministers have been "encouraging"
violence in the state "like they had been supporting Maoists
"The Trinamool Ministers are supporting and encouraging
violence in the state after the civic body elections. The
Centre should look into the role of its own cabinet minister
in inciting such violence," he told reporters.
So far, he said, five activists and supporters of the
CPI-M have been killed in Birbhum, Murshidabad and Bankura
districts. There have been attack on the houses of CPI-M
supporters in other places too, he claimed.
Trinamool Congress triumphed in the civic polls held in
West Bengal on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS