TC works for rich people, but Communists look after poors: CM
Mangolkot (WB): Building up the tempo for
next year Assembly elections in West Bengal, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday dubbed Trinamool Congress as a party of the rich and claimed only Communists look after
interests of the poor.
"I urge the people not to get misled by their propaganda.
Trinamool Congress will not look after the interests of the
poor. Only the Communists will protect their interests. We
have to bring the entire people to our side," Bhattacharjee
told a public meeting here.
The police and administration, he said, had been
instructed not to allow the Trinamool Congress to create
trouble. "But only the police and administration can`t do it.
The people have to resist them."
He accused the Mamata Banerjee-led party of joining hands
with Maoists, and said Trinamool Congress is now fomenting
trouble in college campuses. "They are only creating trouble.
They have joined hands with the Maoists who have come from
Buddhadeb listed the achievements of Left Front
government and said "the people have seen what we have done.
We know what work is still left to be done and to do that
we have to stop the unrest created by Trinamool."
Referring to the East Midnapore and South 24 Parganas
district zilla parishads run by the Opposition Trinamool,
Bhattacharjee claimed their performance was "dismal".
Ridiculing Railway Minister Banerjee, the Chief Minister
questioned every day a new rail factory is being announced,
but from where the funds are coming?
Bhattacharjee also criticised Congress-led UPA government
at the Centre for working in favour of the rich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday