Teacher brutally beats up teen in Howrah school
Howrah: A 13-year-old boy of St Aloysius School in Howrah, West Bengal was brutally beaten up by his school teacher during class hours for borrowing a pen.
The eighth standard student sustained severe injuries on his shoulder and is suffering from high fever.
The teen`s father, Deepak Khater, said, "The school teacher has brutally beaten my child who studies in St. Aloysius School. He did not make any mistake. His pen`s ink finished and he tried to borrow another one from his friend, which the teacher saw and started thrashing him. First the teacher beat him with his hands and then he took a steel scale and thrashed him."
School in-charge, Sister Hilda, said, "We did not know anything before and no parents had come to tell about it. And when we got to know about the story we came to know the reality and we are sorry with whatever has happened. I contacted the Principal who is in Bandal and he asked me to inform you all that we are going to suspend the teacher immediately."
A complaint has been registered at Golabari police station of Howrah district.
Assistant Deputy Commissioner of Police of North Howrah Commissionerate, Shibani Tiwari, said the investigation was underway.
"Case has been registered and we are investigating it. We will be interrogating and will see the medical report also and we are trying to find out the teacher and contact Principal and statement of other students who were present there shall also be recorded. The investigation is proceeding," said Tiwari.
This week two incidents of child thrashing were reported from south and east of the country. On Wednesday, a home tutor in Kolkata had mercilessly beaten a 3-year-old boy, whereas on Monday, a school principal and school correspondent, who beat up a visually challenged student for his alleged indiscipline, were arrested in Andhra Pradesh.
According to UNICEF, child abuse has many forms: physical, emotional, sexual, neglect, and exploitation. Any of these if potentially or actually harmful to a child`s health, survival, dignity and development constitutes abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?