Teacher brutally beats up teen in Howrah school
Howrah: A 13-year-old boy of St Aloysius School in Howrah, West Bengal was brutally beaten up by his school teacher during class hours for borrowing a pen.
The eighth standard student sustained severe injuries on his shoulder and is suffering from high fever.
The teen`s father, Deepak Khater, said, "The school teacher has brutally beaten my child who studies in St. Aloysius School. He did not make any mistake. His pen`s ink finished and he tried to borrow another one from his friend, which the teacher saw and started thrashing him. First the teacher beat him with his hands and then he took a steel scale and thrashed him."
School in-charge, Sister Hilda, said, "We did not know anything before and no parents had come to tell about it. And when we got to know about the story we came to know the reality and we are sorry with whatever has happened. I contacted the Principal who is in Bandal and he asked me to inform you all that we are going to suspend the teacher immediately."
A complaint has been registered at Golabari police station of Howrah district.
Assistant Deputy Commissioner of Police of North Howrah Commissionerate, Shibani Tiwari, said the investigation was underway.
"Case has been registered and we are investigating it. We will be interrogating and will see the medical report also and we are trying to find out the teacher and contact Principal and statement of other students who were present there shall also be recorded. The investigation is proceeding," said Tiwari.
This week two incidents of child thrashing were reported from south and east of the country. On Wednesday, a home tutor in Kolkata had mercilessly beaten a 3-year-old boy, whereas on Monday, a school principal and school correspondent, who beat up a visually challenged student for his alleged indiscipline, were arrested in Andhra Pradesh.
According to UNICEF, child abuse has many forms: physical, emotional, sexual, neglect, and exploitation. Any of these if potentially or actually harmful to a child`s health, survival, dignity and development constitutes abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list