Teacher who killed child sent to judicial custody
Alipore: A lady teacher who was arrested for allegedly banging a class III student`s head against a wall as punishment leading to his death was on Saturday remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Alipore ACJM, S M Shahnawaz, remanded Champa Mondal of the Nirdheshkhali Shishu Shiksha Kendra in South 24 Parganas district to judicial custody and she would be produced before the court again on June 1.
Mondal allegedly banged the head of nine-year-old Bapi Joardar against a wall as punishment for playing with his bag with another student on April 15.
The boy was grievously injured and was taken by his parents to a hospital in Canning, the district headquarters, from where he was referred the same night to a hospital in Kolkata where he died the next day.
The teacher in her mid-30s was arrested on Friday.
Education minister Bratya Basu had announced that a secretary-level officer would conduct an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister