Teacher who killed child sent to judicial custody
Alipore: A lady teacher who was arrested for allegedly banging a class III student`s head against a wall as punishment leading to his death was on Saturday remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Alipore ACJM, S M Shahnawaz, remanded Champa Mondal of the Nirdheshkhali Shishu Shiksha Kendra in South 24 Parganas district to judicial custody and she would be produced before the court again on June 1.
Mondal allegedly banged the head of nine-year-old Bapi Joardar against a wall as punishment for playing with his bag with another student on April 15.
The boy was grievously injured and was taken by his parents to a hospital in Canning, the district headquarters, from where he was referred the same night to a hospital in Kolkata where he died the next day.
The teacher in her mid-30s was arrested on Friday.
Education minister Bratya Basu had announced that a secretary-level officer would conduct an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Uncle, please send my sister's rapists to jail'- 16-year-old boy writes to PM Narendra Modi seeking justice for his minor sibling
- Disgracing Sikh's turban: Five blasphemy accused get bail in Pakistan
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts