Teenager kills self after eve-teasing
Burdwan (WB): A 13-year-old girl killed herself after being allegedly eve-teased by local youths in Burdwan district, police said on Tuesday.
The student of standard eight immolated herself last night at her residence in Burnpur and was admitted to Asansol sub-divisional hospital where she died this morning.
Manoj Prasad, father of the teenager, has complained to police against nine local youths alleging that they were harassing her daughter.
Four of the accused, who have already been arrested by the police, have however claimed that the girl had an affair with their friend Pradip Barui.
"Few days ago there was a fight between the boy and the father. This might have led the girl to kill herself," Durgapur-Asansol`s Commissioner of Police Ajoy Nanda said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill