Teenager kills self after eve-teasing
Burdwan (WB): A 13-year-old girl killed herself after being allegedly eve-teased by local youths in Burdwan district, police said on Tuesday.
The student of standard eight immolated herself last night at her residence in Burnpur and was admitted to Asansol sub-divisional hospital where she died this morning.
Manoj Prasad, father of the teenager, has complained to police against nine local youths alleging that they were harassing her daughter.
Four of the accused, who have already been arrested by the police, have however claimed that the girl had an affair with their friend Pradip Barui.
"Few days ago there was a fight between the boy and the father. This might have led the girl to kill herself," Durgapur-Asansol`s Commissioner of Police Ajoy Nanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town