Teenager kills self after eve-teasing
Burdwan (WB): A 13-year-old girl killed herself after being allegedly eve-teased by local youths in Burdwan district, police said on Tuesday.
The student of standard eight immolated herself last night at her residence in Burnpur and was admitted to Asansol sub-divisional hospital where she died this morning.
Manoj Prasad, father of the teenager, has complained to police against nine local youths alleging that they were harassing her daughter.
Four of the accused, who have already been arrested by the police, have however claimed that the girl had an affair with their friend Pradip Barui.
"Few days ago there was a fight between the boy and the father. This might have led the girl to kill herself," Durgapur-Asansol`s Commissioner of Police Ajoy Nanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress