Teenager kills self after eve-teasing
Burdwan (WB): A 13-year-old girl killed herself after being allegedly eve-teased by local youths in Burdwan district, police said on Tuesday.
The student of standard eight immolated herself last night at her residence in Burnpur and was admitted to Asansol sub-divisional hospital where she died this morning.
Manoj Prasad, father of the teenager, has complained to police against nine local youths alleging that they were harassing her daughter.
Four of the accused, who have already been arrested by the police, have however claimed that the girl had an affair with their friend Pradip Barui.
"Few days ago there was a fight between the boy and the father. This might have led the girl to kill herself," Durgapur-Asansol`s Commissioner of Police Ajoy Nanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony