Ten-year-old gang-raped in Purulia
Jamshedpur: A ten-year-old girl has been allegedly gangraped in neighbouring West Bengal`s Purulia district.
The girl was gangraped when she went to attend a marriage function along with her family members on May 30, police said.
The family members, who confirmed the incident, brought the girl to the Tata Main Hospital here for treatment last night but the authorities initially refused to admit her as it was a police case.
The police intervened following which the victim was admitted to the hospital, Superintendent of Police S Karthik said today.
Karthik said they were in touch with the concerned police station in neighbouring Purulia district of West Bengal where the incident occurred. Investigations are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered