Ten-year-old gang-raped in Purulia
Jamshedpur: A ten-year-old girl has been allegedly gangraped in neighbouring West Bengal`s Purulia district.
The girl was gangraped when she went to attend a marriage function along with her family members on May 30, police said.
The family members, who confirmed the incident, brought the girl to the Tata Main Hospital here for treatment last night but the authorities initially refused to admit her as it was a police case.
The police intervened following which the victim was admitted to the hospital, Superintendent of Police S Karthik said today.
Karthik said they were in touch with the concerned police station in neighbouring Purulia district of West Bengal where the incident occurred. Investigations are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!