Ten-year-old gang-raped in Purulia
Jamshedpur: A ten-year-old girl has been allegedly gangraped in neighbouring West Bengal`s Purulia district.
The girl was gangraped when she went to attend a marriage function along with her family members on May 30, police said.
The family members, who confirmed the incident, brought the girl to the Tata Main Hospital here for treatment last night but the authorities initially refused to admit her as it was a police case.
The police intervened following which the victim was admitted to the hospital, Superintendent of Police S Karthik said today.
Karthik said they were in touch with the concerned police station in neighbouring Purulia district of West Bengal where the incident occurred. Investigations are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...