Theatre on women empowerment in Sundarbans
Kolkata: The message of women`s
empowerment through a six-day programme of theatre began on Monday at Kakdwip near Sagar Islands in the Sundarbans.
Artistes like Pankaj Kapoor, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi,
Tapas Sen, Shovana Narayan contributed in choreography, song,
light, sound and other technical fields to make the programme
- Shatarupa - a success, Gopa Biswas, an official of Song and
Drama division of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry
It would highlight the contribution of women from
the days of Rani Lakshmibai to the modern day," she said.
Traditional arts like Dandia of Gujarat and Chau dance
of Bengal would be used to highlight the message of women`s
empowerment, Biswas said.
Kakdwip was selected as people living in the remote
area received very little scope for access to such programmes,
The programme will be formally inaugurated on April 14
by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting
Chaudhuri Mohan Jatua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city