Theatre on women empowerment in Sundarbans
Kolkata: The message of women`s
empowerment through a six-day programme of theatre began on Monday at Kakdwip near Sagar Islands in the Sundarbans.
Artistes like Pankaj Kapoor, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi,
Tapas Sen, Shovana Narayan contributed in choreography, song,
light, sound and other technical fields to make the programme
- Shatarupa - a success, Gopa Biswas, an official of Song and
Drama division of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry
It would highlight the contribution of women from
the days of Rani Lakshmibai to the modern day," she said.
Traditional arts like Dandia of Gujarat and Chau dance
of Bengal would be used to highlight the message of women`s
empowerment, Biswas said.
Kakdwip was selected as people living in the remote
area received very little scope for access to such programmes,
The programme will be formally inaugurated on April 14
by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting
Chaudhuri Mohan Jatua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption