Third Front unworkable due to leaders` ego: BJP
Kolkata: Ridiculing efforts at forming a Third Front of regional forces, the BJP Tuesday said such a combination would never work as leaders of such outfits all think they are bigger than their counterparts in other parties.
"There are so many leaders in the Third Front, each of them thinking they are no less then the others. (Trinamool Congress chief) Mamata (Banerjee), (Samajwadi Party boss) Mulayam Singh Yadav, (AIADMK supremo) Jayalalitha - all of them think they are bigger than the others. How will they form an alliance," asked Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain.
Accusing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of harbouring prime ministerial dreams, Hussain told mediapersons here that he broke ranks with the BJP only to further his ambitions.
"You left BJP because you were greedy to be PM. You thought if you do so, people will come and hold your hands to make you PM. But none came - Mulayam did not come, (Biju Janata Dal chief) Naveen (Patnaik) did not come, Jayalalitha did not come. They all think they are bigger leaders than Nitish ji," he said.
Nitish Kumar`s Janata Dal-United severed ties with the BJP and left the National Democratic Alliance, protesting against the anointment of elevation of Narendra Modi as the BJP`s election campaign chief earlier this year.
Modi is now being projected as the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Hussain alleged that Nitish Kumar had not fulfilled any of the promises he made to the BJP and said the language used by the Bihar chief minister at his party convention in Rajgir showed he was ready to embrace the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened