Third phase of panchayat polls peaceful: Mamata
Rampurhat: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday said the third phase of panchayat elections in West Bengal was peaceful, even though an `alienated` CPI(M) was crying hoarse about terror.
Alleging that the CPI(M) had conspired to stall the elections, Banerjee said, "When their plan fizzled out they are shouting about terror. People are not with them."
She claimed that CPI(M) leaders giving interviews to `pro CPI(M)` television news channels, would not fetch votes.
"You are still alienated from the people even after two years. How can you expect people will vote for you?" she asked.
Alleging that CPI(M) leaders did not tour villages and work for the people, she said "They are thinking that these TV channels which are spreading canards against us will fetch votes for them."
With reports of CPI(M) putting up road blocks in some areas in poll-bound North 24 Parganas district, she said that road blocks and bandhs created problems for the people.
"People will not support this and will themselves deal with it."
Claiming that a handful of people at the instance of pro-CPI(M) television news channels were obstructing traffic, the Chief Minister questioned how the ill would reach hospital or students schools and colleges.
"I will not tolerate disruption of life. People themselves will protest," Banerjee said.
Expressing confidence that the ruling Trinamool Congress would register a record win in the panchayat polls, she claimed the CPI(M), Congress and BJP would see their fate when the ballot boxes were opened.
"After the elections they (CPI(M) leaders) will go to Venezuela, Cuba and Korea," she ridiculed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal