Thirteen Maoist-backed tribal women granted bail
Jhargram (WB): Thirteen Maoist-backed
tribal women were granted bail by the court on Friday after they
were arrested for trying to storm into a police station in
Jhargram area of West Midnapore district.
The police produced 14 tribals before the ACJM court,
where all the 13 women were granted bail.
However, Bibhuti Mahato was given a jail custody by
They all have been charged under the Arms Act after
hundreds of villagers yesterday tried to storm into Manikpara
police station but were pushed back by police personnel, who
fired in the air.
The tribals were demanding unconditional release of
PCPA leader Basudeb Mahato who was arrested early this month
for having links with Maoists and a halt to alleged `police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet