Thirteen Maoist-backed tribal women granted bail
Jhargram (WB): Thirteen Maoist-backed
tribal women were granted bail by the court on Friday after they
were arrested for trying to storm into a police station in
Jhargram area of West Midnapore district.
The police produced 14 tribals before the ACJM court,
where all the 13 women were granted bail.
However, Bibhuti Mahato was given a jail custody by
They all have been charged under the Arms Act after
hundreds of villagers yesterday tried to storm into Manikpara
police station but were pushed back by police personnel, who
fired in the air.
The tribals were demanding unconditional release of
PCPA leader Basudeb Mahato who was arrested early this month
for having links with Maoists and a halt to alleged `police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days