Three arrested in WB hooch tragedy case
Kolkata: The Criminal Investigation Department of West Bengal police has arrested three people in connection with the hooch tragedy earlier this month that left at least 171 dead in South 24 Parganas district.
Among those arrested are Nurjahan - wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district, Deputy inspector general (operations), CID, K Jayraman said.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu, he said.
At least 171 people - mostly masons, labourers and hawkers - perished after consuming spurious liquor at shanties near Sangrampur railway station of South 24 Parganas district on December 13-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic