Three arrested in WB hooch tragedy case
Kolkata: The Criminal Investigation Department of West Bengal police has arrested three people in connection with the hooch tragedy earlier this month that left at least 171 dead in South 24 Parganas district.
Among those arrested are Nurjahan - wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district, Deputy inspector general (operations), CID, K Jayraman said.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu, he said.
At least 171 people - mostly masons, labourers and hawkers - perished after consuming spurious liquor at shanties near Sangrampur railway station of South 24 Parganas district on December 13-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores