Three arrested in WB hooch tragedy case
Kolkata: The Criminal Investigation Department of West Bengal police has arrested three people in connection with the hooch tragedy earlier this month that left at least 171 dead in South 24 Parganas district.
Among those arrested are Nurjahan - wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district, Deputy inspector general (operations), CID, K Jayraman said.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu, he said.
At least 171 people - mostly masons, labourers and hawkers - perished after consuming spurious liquor at shanties near Sangrampur railway station of South 24 Parganas district on December 13-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video