Three arrested in WB hooch tragedy case
Kolkata: The Criminal Investigation Department of West Bengal police has arrested three people in connection with the hooch tragedy earlier this month that left at least 171 dead in South 24 Parganas district.
Among those arrested are Nurjahan - wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district, Deputy inspector general (operations), CID, K Jayraman said.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu, he said.
At least 171 people - mostly masons, labourers and hawkers - perished after consuming spurious liquor at shanties near Sangrampur railway station of South 24 Parganas district on December 13-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress