Three arrested in WB hooch tragedy case
Kolkata: The Criminal Investigation Department of West Bengal police has arrested three people in connection with the hooch tragedy earlier this month that left at least 171 dead in South 24 Parganas district.
Among those arrested are Nurjahan - wife of prime suspect Badshah Khokon alias Khora Badshah. They were picked up from Canning in South 24 Parganas district, Deputy inspector general (operations), CID, K Jayraman said.
The two others nabbed are Bakkar and Chotu, he said.
At least 171 people - mostly masons, labourers and hawkers - perished after consuming spurious liquor at shanties near Sangrampur railway station of South 24 Parganas district on December 13-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped