Three arrested over temple beheading
Bolpur (WB): Three persons were arrested
in connection with a suspected case of human sacrifice at a
Kali temple near here, police said on Tuesday.
"Kalo Majhi, Babulal Murmu and Dulal Murmu who are
residents of Donaipur village were arrested yesterday on the
charge of beheading Paresh Bagdi in the temple compound. From
initial investigation, it seems that the three, who were
acquainted with Bagdi, were involved in his killing," Birbhum
Superintendent of Police Rabindranath Mukherjee said.
"The exact role of the trio - all in their mid 30s -
and their motive behind killing Bagdi in the way of human
sacrifice at a temple is being investigated," he said.
They were produced in a local court and have been
remanded to three days police custody, he said.
The naked, decapitated torso of Bagdi, a factory
worker, was found last Wednesday in the temple premises. The
vermilion smeared severed head was lying further away.
Kalo Majhi and Bagdi worked as labourers in the same
factory in Bolpur. The other two are also daily wage
labourers, the police said.
SP Mukherjee did not want to comment whether it was a
case of human sacrifice. "We cannot say at this stage whether
it was a case of human sacrifice and investigations are
continuing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra