Three arrested over temple beheading
Bolpur (WB): Three persons were arrested
in connection with a suspected case of human sacrifice at a
Kali temple near here, police said on Tuesday.
"Kalo Majhi, Babulal Murmu and Dulal Murmu who are
residents of Donaipur village were arrested yesterday on the
charge of beheading Paresh Bagdi in the temple compound. From
initial investigation, it seems that the three, who were
acquainted with Bagdi, were involved in his killing," Birbhum
Superintendent of Police Rabindranath Mukherjee said.
"The exact role of the trio - all in their mid 30s -
and their motive behind killing Bagdi in the way of human
sacrifice at a temple is being investigated," he said.
They were produced in a local court and have been
remanded to three days police custody, he said.
The naked, decapitated torso of Bagdi, a factory
worker, was found last Wednesday in the temple premises. The
vermilion smeared severed head was lying further away.
Kalo Majhi and Bagdi worked as labourers in the same
factory in Bolpur. The other two are also daily wage
labourers, the police said.
SP Mukherjee did not want to comment whether it was a
case of human sacrifice. "We cannot say at this stage whether
it was a case of human sacrifice and investigations are
continuing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune