Three Forward Bloc activists shot dead by Maoists
Purulia: Three Forward Bloc activists were shot dead by armed Maoists in Purulia district, police said on Sunday.
A group of about 50 Maoists, armed with sophisticated weapons, raided Chirogora village late last night and dragged out the three activists from their houses to a distance and shot them dead, district SP Rajesh Jadav told a news agency.
The deceased were identified as Leru Majhi, Dasrath Majhi, and Choto Majhi, he said.
The attackers left some leaflets in the area claiming that they were killed as they were "police spies".
Joint forces and a police team rushed to the village and have started combing operations, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS