Three Forward Bloc activists shot dead by Maoists
Purulia: Three Forward Bloc activists were shot dead by armed Maoists in Purulia district, police said on Sunday.
A group of about 50 Maoists, armed with sophisticated weapons, raided Chirogora village late last night and dragged out the three activists from their houses to a distance and shot them dead, district SP Rajesh Jadav told a news agency.
The deceased were identified as Leru Majhi, Dasrath Majhi, and Choto Majhi, he said.
The attackers left some leaflets in the area claiming that they were killed as they were "police spies".
Joint forces and a police team rushed to the village and have started combing operations, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report