Three Forward Bloc activists shot dead by Maoists
Purulia: Three Forward Bloc activists were shot dead by armed Maoists in Purulia district, police said on Sunday.
A group of about 50 Maoists, armed with sophisticated weapons, raided Chirogora village late last night and dragged out the three activists from their houses to a distance and shot them dead, district SP Rajesh Jadav told a news agency.
The deceased were identified as Leru Majhi, Dasrath Majhi, and Choto Majhi, he said.
The attackers left some leaflets in the area claiming that they were killed as they were "police spies".
Joint forces and a police team rushed to the village and have started combing operations, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's Security Council permanent seat hope receives setback
- Actors can do little to break away from stereotypes: Zakir Hussain
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency in electrifying speech at DNC - Watch
- Syria, Russia cluster munition use `relentless`: HRW
- Balle Balle! Harbhajan Singh, wife Geeta Basra blessed with a baby girl: Report