Three held for killing youth protesting abuse of sister
Kolkata: The three main accused in the killing of a youth, after he protested their abusive language against his sister, were arrested on Saturday in West Bengal`s North 24 Parganas district, police said. Another man arrested earlier was freed after his innocence was proved.
"Three people - Mithun Das, Manojit Biswas and Biswanath Chatterjee - were arrested early Saturday from Madhyamgram area in the district. They were the main accused in the case," said state police`s Criminal Investigation Department`s (CID) Inspector General Anuj Sharma.
Rajib Das was severely beaten up by the three men when he protested their misbehaviour against his elder sister Rinku Das. He died of his injuries later.
"During preliminary investigation we got some clue and later based on the portraits of the assailants sketched by experts based on descriptions given by Rinku, the three were arrested. Three mobile phones were also recovered from them," said Sharma.
The accused have confessed to their crime. Mithun was the main accused who stabbed Rajib. But the knife used in the crime and Rajib`s mobile are yet to be recovered.
However, Chandan Roy, who was arrested by the district police Feb 17 for his alleged involvement in the crime, was freed after it was found he was not involved.
"Even Rinku, after seeing Chandan, confirmed that he was not in the group of youths, who misbehaved with her," said Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!